Saturday, April 21, 2007

Nice Man, Nice Date...

My final dating attempt was a good experience, and I've decided to quit on a positive note...

I got an email from an older man (54) who asked "Are you real?" He'd read my profile and wondered if I was real or just a fake, marketing profile. He said, if you're real, I'd like to meet you.

Even if this is a line, I think it's a good one. Because, in all reality, I am a little too good to be true...and if I found a man who's at my level and recognizes all that I have to offer, I would be ecstatic! Fred is an engineer, also from the South. His children are grown and gone, so the real viability of a relationship is questionable-men that age do not want to begin parenting again with a pre-schooler. However, he is worth the time to go out on a date and get to know.

We met for a nice lunch, and were both annoyed by the waitress who wanted us to order and move the meal along according to her schedule. We enjoyed meeting and talking a lot, and would not have rushed but for her rudeness. Fred gave the impression of a man with values, and had a "cute" personality. So we spoke about meeting again when we left, and I thought it was a good first meeting.

Later in the week, he called and invited me to a Celtic music concert at the PAC, which thrilled me-I love music and theater, and too many men refuse to attend those venues because they seem too "artsy." So it means he's secure, has culture and class, all of which work for me!

Indeed, it was a nice time. We both enjoyed the concert, and dinner afterwards, with nice company and conversation...and I didn't feel any pressure or discomfort with him. It was just a nice time, and I'd enjoy more of the same.

Of course, he didn't thrill me like Big...but men like Big are rare and precious treasures!

Fred didn't call again, but it's not an issue. He's just dating around like me, and maybe we'll go out again sometime-who knows? But it was a good expereince with virtual dating!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home