Sunday, October 08, 2006

"Old World Values" Dude

Yes.. that's what "Dude's" profile read-"Old World Values" and he wrote about his close relationship with his teenage son and how much he respects women. So, he not only winks, but he sends a message telling me (Amber) that I'm really beautiful, and he wants to meet me. His profile is interesting, but his photos are not good.

I don't mean that he's homely, but that he's posted the worst pics in the world, and they are just not flattering.

Anyway...I thought I would check him out, since he looks good on paper-bad pics and all. When I call Tiffany to tell her about him, her reaction is "Ohhh-him." She tells me they had a "thing" a few years ago, and he's not really a "Values" type of guy! She encouraged me to meet him anyway, just to see f0r myself.

Traded messages with "Dude" for a couple of weeks, and he was very appropriate, nice even. He asked for my number, and we talked on the phone a few times, and then made plans to meet for coffee. (At this point, I'm skeptical, because I trust Tiff's judgment, but I figure it can't hurt to meet.)

We met for a casual coffee and talked about an hour-he seemed very nice, intelligent, well-rounded, and he's tall and nice looking. I'm wondering if maybe Tiff was wrong, or that her experience was the exception. I leave, and we make no other plans, but he says ,"I'll call you." Fine with me-no rush, no desperation...

I'm drivin' down the road, about 10 mintues later, andI get this text message from "Dude." It starts off "You're beautiful...driving me crazy." I reply with a polite thanks. The it's "Baby you're so hot..." and goes down hill from there.

OMG-Did he think I was gonna turn the car around and meet him on the roadside for some back seat action? What the Hell?

I played it for a little while, and he wrote that he would "get me all wet...at the lake." I wrote that it sounded like fun, and he wanted me to define the fun.

Spending the day at the lake, of course-what else?

Needless to say, we never met again. Because he was looking for an easy lay, and not someone attracted to "Old World Values." And I never would've guessed it from the time spent trading messages, talking on the phone, or meeting in a public place for coffee.

Now, I've considered that my charm, beauty and sex-appeal are so powerful that even men with values can't control themselves in my presence. Yea, there's that...

But to behave like a cave man during mating season when you've just met-c'mon...get real! That's a huge Red Flag that this guy's got some serious issues. Why can't he just put that in his profile:

"Man with issues, needs woman for cheap sexual thrills, preferably at will. Will you do me, please?"

Because there are chicks who will repond to that-especially if the guys got money and a nice car (like "Dude"). Why disguise it for women like me and Tiff-what's up with that?

NEXT!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home