Friday, November 17, 2006

Marriage Material Part 2

Well, wouldn't you know it. "Big" not only winked back, but asked me to lunch. We traded messages for a few days to set it up, and I started to get nervous about 48 hours in advance of our meeting...I mean, I guess I've just completely lost my mind here...This man is out of my league entirely...

On the day of our lunch, I left the office early and drove a few blocks to the restaurant. When I pulled into the parking lot, I got a small panic attack...Do I look OK? Does this skirt make my butt look too big? Wear the jacket to cover my butt or leave it in the car and be chilly? What are we going to talk about?

I finally called Tiff, and got voicemail. "I'm about to meet "Big" for lunch, and I'm so nervous...I needed you to talk me down." So I take a deep breath and go inside.

This is the awkward part-we've never met in person, and I know I'm looking for a tall man with a beard. Since no one meeting that description is up front waiting, I look around, make a restroom stop to check the lipstick, and go to sit at the bar. When he isn't there after about 5 minutes, I breathe a small sigh of relief. Good, he's a no show...I can relax now.

About that time, I glance toward the front to see "Big" coming in the door...And I almost fall off the bar stool (WOW!).

He looks just like his picture, I'm thinking...and the first words out of my mouth were completely unintelligent. I stuttered and stammered for a moment, and then felt a little unsteady on my feet. (I gotta sit down, I'm thinking.)

So we sit. I begin to get a hold of myself after a few minutes, and we talk over a nice lunch (no clue what I ate). I sat there looking into his big green eyes thinking, "Oh, dear Lord, I'm in "BIG" trouble now-he's irresistible!" And I am pleasantly surprised to learn that he is intelligent and well-educated, very interesting, sophisticated and the list goes on...

He's very recently divorced, and that's a concern. We talk a little about meeting new friends on-line, getting to know people, dating around, things we enjoy doing. And then he said the most astounding thing I've heard a man say in years...maybe ever...

The next time I want to marry someone with a work ethic and a stronger sense of values than my ex...

"Marry, " "work ethic," and "values" all in the same sentence...from a handsome Hotty, no less?! So I bite, and say it sounds like you're not afraid of getting married again. "No," he says, "I'm not afraid to get married again."

Run Amber Run! Run like Hell, and don't look back! This one is too good to be true, and nothing good can come of this...Remember Lot's wife? Flee before the fire and brimstone rain down upon thee!!

"Big" walks me to my car, and we talk for a moment. Then, as if on impulse, he grabs me and kisses me on the cheek, which makes me spin a little...and I like it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home